Whats up Bass Campers, for this weeks episode we have an interview with Audiowrx, a dubstep producer duo based out of British Colombia and the Bay Area in California.
The duo, consisting of Dom and Cole, met over Instagram years ago and has accomplished many feats since working together such as releasing an EP on Firepower Records, having their music played out by big artists such as Bassnectar, and melting faces at the epic Shambala Music Festival multiple years in a row.
Through the course of our conversation, you'll learn how these two have accomplished all of this by working together remotely, and how its not rocket science to get noticed and get signed.
Audiowrx is sitting on a ton of unreleased music, so make sure you go follow them on your platform of choice (they are @audiowrx everywhere) and keep an eye out!
Here's one of my favorites from them:
1. Meeting on IG through the #dubstep hashtag @ 3:32
2. Challenges of working in a duo @ 7:20
3. Dealing with Quarantine @ 13:05
4. Balancing a day job and music @ 19:40
5. Getting signed to Firepower Records @ 22:51
6. How they got signed @ 23:51
7. How YOU can get signed @ 26:24 & 30:25
8. Mixing Tips @ 43:00 & 47:21
9. What's in their default Ableton Template @ 45:30
10. Sound Design Tricks @ 48:20
11. Checking your mix in RekordBox @ 51:45
12. Audiowrx's Favorite Plugins
- Camel Crusher (free download)
- LFO Tool
- Easy Wash Out by Bass Kleph (free download)
- CLA Vocal
13. Advice for new producers @ 58:40